hire the uk's only hottug
at the runnymede-on-thames in surrey
The HotTug at the runnymede-on-thames hotel offers you a totally new and unique mobile bathing experience that combines the best of two watery worlds, a relaxing soak in a hot tub and a cruise down our picturesque stretch of the river Thames.
A wood fired boat-cum-hot-tub, this ingenious little vessel is the newest, and most quirky way of bobbing along the River Thames. The brain child of Dutch designer Frank de Bruijn, the HotTug uses a specially developed wood-burning stove to keep the water a balmy 38°C, and a silent electric engine to send up to six soakers merrily downstream.
Float down the River Thames as you sip a cold drink and soak in steaming hot water - a truly fantastic experience you'll never forget. When the tug is filled, there is only a narrow rim between you and the water, making you feel truly at one with your watery surroundings!
2015 hire - available from late spring onwards:
- The HotTug is available for non-residents to hire from Monday-Friday*
- During weekends and bank holidays, hire is exclusively for hotel residents - why not book a weekend break with us!*
- The cost of hire is £120 for one hour
- The HotTug seats up to a maximum of six guests*
- There are two hire slots per day at 12.30pm and 4pm
*for adults and children aged 16 years and above accompanied by adults. Full prepayment is required at the time of booking. Any cancellations made less than 48 hours prior to the booking will be non-refundable. If river conditions mean that the HotTug is deemed unsafe for use, existing bookings will not incur a cancellation charge.