afternoon tea in surrey
relax by the river thames whilst enjoying afternoon tea
Enjoy a few hours of sheer indulgence! Afternoon Tea at the runnymede-on-thames hotel turns getting together with your nearest and dearest into something really special. Rendezvous in our gorgeous lounge, enjoy the tranquil views over the Thames and tuck into a towering tray of delectable treats at our luxury hotel! Put the world to rights over afternoon tea. Watch the world pass by or just come and make yourself at home!
Our traditional English afternoon tea is inspired by the 800th anniversary of the Magna Carta. After your afternoon tea, why not take a stroll along the river up to the Magna Carta Memorial which was sealed 800 years ago on the meadows opposite the hotel.
our traditional english afternoon tea includes:
- A glass of Besserat de Bellefon Rose or sparkling elderflower and mint presse
- A selection of finger sandwiches - smoked salmon and dill cream cheese, cucumber and cream cheese with chives, free range egg and cress, honey glazed ham and English mustard mayo
- Home baked scones - Cornish clotted cream, homemade jam
- A selection of mini homemade cakes and biscuits - traditional rich fruit cake topped with royal icing, Victoria sponge filled with lemon curd, strawberry jam drop biscuits, double chocolate eclair
served with your choice of:
- English breakfast tea, Earl Grey tea or herbal infusions (complimentary refills available)
£25 per person
Our traditional English afternoon tea is available between 3pm to 5pm Monday-Friday, there is limited availability at weekends, so please book ahead to avoid disappointment. Please note parties of eight or more will require a deposit.